Two $5,000 Early Childhood Education Grants
Two $5,000 2022 Non-Arts Early Childhood Education Grants
Application due to
On or Before June 30, 2022
On or Before July 31, 2022*
*Due to scheduling conflicts, we changed the original dates. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
There's an old story of a person standing by a river who suddenly sees human beings of all ages desperately struggling not to drown as they are forced downstream by the powerful water Only a few of these poor souls are making it to the shore. This person watching by the side of the river has an option to pull people out of the water one by one, knowing that not all can be saved. Or, this person could walk upstream and find the broken bridge where people are falling in to help to fix the bridge. This is the age-old controversy between assistance to those already caught in a failing system or prevention and working to fix the system.
Since it's inception in 1999, the Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation has held steady in making education the primary means of helping improve the quality of lives of others. In recent years, we focused on education after secondary school. We established scholarships for students, with various challenges, who wanted to go on to earn certifications or attend college. We've been working on pulling human beings out of the river. As we continue to assist with post-high school education, pulling people out of the river one at a time, we will do what we can to help repair the bridge. This requires a focus Early Childhood Education.
These two $5,000 grants are offered to assist organizations focused on the whole child from pre-birth through kindergarten. This would include health and well-being combined with education. It is more difficult to learn in environments unable to guarantee good health and well-being.
In applying for the grant, please respond to the following:
1. What is the name, mailing address, and website address of your organization?
2. Are you a Non-profit? What is your 501(c)(3) identification number?
3. How long has your organization been focused on Early Childhood Education?
4. What is your Mission Statement?
5. Who is on your board?
6. What is your program designed to assist Early Childhood Education along with better health and well-being? (500 words or less)
7. What are your long and short-term goals for this program? (500 words or less)
8. What research has your organization done to design this program? (500 words or less)
9. How would a grant of $5,000 be utilized to assist with this program? (500 words or less)
10. What methods are used to verify success or failure of this program? (500 words or less)
11. We require a report regarding how the $5,000 has helped your organization this coming January, 2023. If you are a previous recipient, please include a copy of the report you sent in a previous January. Does this report schedule work for you?
13. Who should we contact with questions regarding this grant application?
14. It is best if you answer these questions with a heading of the question and your answer below it. Please follow the order given above.
You are welcome to contact Mary Haddad at the above email address with any clarification questions.
Please understand that we will only be awarding two $5,000 grants this year. We are looking for organizations who are expert in the field, and for whom the $5,000 will have some impact on pre-existing programs. We do not want organizations to create new programs for these funds.