Two $5,000 Early Childhood Education Grants
Application due to
on June 1, 2019
Award to be announced by July 14, 2019 with distribution of funds the following week.
There's an old story of a person standing by a river who suddenly sees human beings of all ages struggling to survive and washing downstream in the water. Some of these people are already drowned and others are making for shore. This person standing by the river has the option to either pull people out of the water one by one, knowing that not all can be saved. Or this person could walk upstream and find the broken bridge where people are falling in and help to fix the bridge. This is the age old controversy between assistance to those already caught in a failing system or prevention and working to fix the system.
Since it's inception in 1999, the Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation has held steady in making education the primary means of helping improve the quality of lives of others. In recent years, we focused on education after secondary school. We established scholarships for students, with various challenges, who wanted to go on to earn certifications or attend college. We've been working on pulling human beings out of the river. Now, we would like to do what we can to help repair the bridge. In doing that, we are focusing on Early Childhood Education.
The two $5,000 grants are offered to assist organizations focused on ages birth through grade 3. In applying for the grant, please respond to the following:
1. What is the name, mailing address, and website address (if any) of the organization?
2. Are you a Non-profit? What is your 501 c3 identification number?
3. How long has your organization been focused on Early Childhood Education?
4. What is your Mission Statement?
5. Who is on your board?
6. How have you worked toward assisting Early Childhood Education? What is your focus? (500 words)
7. What are your long and short term goals? (500 words or less)
8. What research has your organization done to design these goals? (500 words or less)
9. How would a grant of $5,000 help you with your existing Early Childhood Education goals? (500 words or less)
10. What methods are used to monitor improvement and steps to reaching your goals? (500 words or less)
11. At what stages would you report your findings to the Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation?
12. What additional information should we know about your organization in determining whether you will be awarded this $5,000 grant? (500 words or less)
13. What would you like us to learn about Early Childhood Education that you have discovered in your endeavors? Early Childhood Education is a new focus for us, and we appreciate the words of wisdom from those with more experience and expertise. (500 words or less)
As you prepare your application, you are welcome to contact Mary Haddad at the above email address with any clarification questions.
Please understand that we will only be awarding two $5,000 grants this year. We are looking for organizations who are expert in the field, and for whom the $5,000 will have some impact on pre-existing goals. We do not want people to create programs, for these funds, that didn't exist already.